In today’s episode Dr. Jovon Willis highlights some of the life and love lessons that inspired her to write The Price You Pay, a book about her pursuit of balance, peace, and empowerment. From her personal development through counseling to her triumphs and self-discovery as a single mother, Dr. Willis doesn’t hold back as she shares her story in the hopes it will inspire others.
Some profanity, discussions about domestic violence and abuse.
Dr. Jovon Willis has a Ph.D. in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. She currently works as a Financial Adviser Support Specialist at Edward Jones. She is the founder and CEO of Elitess Consulting Firm, best selling author and journalist for Real STL News.
- The perpetuation of “struggle love” as the norm and a requirement for love and relationships
- Importance of deciphering who deserves your loyalty
- Inspiration for writing The Price You Pay
- The role of personal accountability and therapy in the healing process
- How Elitess Consulting Firm is connecting organizations with qualified Black professionals for employment opportunities
- Defining moment that shifted Dr. Willis’ life trajectory
The information provided on SheConfidential pertaining to your health or wellness, relationships, business/career choices, finances, or any other aspect of your life does not constitute medical advice and is not intended to be a substitute for the professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by your own medical provider or mental health provider.
- SheConfidential (formerly On Her Terms Defined) episode artwork and video production by Eye AM Media https://www.eyeammedia.com/. Follow on Instagram @eyeammedia